Hello… I’m Angela
- I’m from Southland originally but spent all my school years in Nelson and after flying the coop for study and travel returned in 2005 to raise my young family.
- I am passionate about my work running classes as the Facilitator for Look Good Feel Better, a non-medical, public service programme that teaches beauty techniques to people with cancer to help them manage the appearance-related side effects of cancer treatment.
- I believe we have all had a journey where someone we know needs hospice care whether it be family, friends or colleagues and I am very grateful for the tireless work they do.
- As well as my full time ‘job’ as partner to John and Mum to teenagers Lachie & Zach, running a day spa keeps me busy. Over the years I’ve been involved in playing and coaching/managing sports teams and now after one too many knee reconstructions live vicariously through my children. I’m also a mentor as part of the Big Brothers Big Sisters programme.
- I enjoy helping others and will always put my hand up if I think I can make a difference.
- Being in a household full of males there are not too many opportunities for glitz and glam and while I’m no stranger to dressing up for Fashion on the Field, I’m looking forward to this next level!
- Dancing for a Cause is a wonderful initiative that highlights not only the work that so many professionals and volunteers do every day but the ongoing care services like Hospice provide.
- I’m hoping my 37 year ‘career’ as a marching girl is going to help with this new endeavour however although I may know my left and right I’ve been informed in no uncertain terms that dancing is in no way like marching at all!