Hi !! I’m Blair ,
- I arrived in Nelson in 1991 as a boarder at Nelson college to pursue a passion for music. After some work experience at Fifeshire FM the following year, I never really left, starting on air in 1993.
- Apart from a couple of radio stints in other towns for a few years, Nelson is (and has always been) home. For the last 4 years I have been lucky enough to host the The Breeze Nelson breakfast show.
- At Dancing for a cause 2021 I was happy to be side of stage with microphone in hand talking to the contestants following their dances. I remember thinking at the time, when they were on the floor, how incredible they all were ... and it’s not something I would ever do, until one Alan Columbus nominated me for this years DFAC. (Thanks Al Columbus - New Home Consultant)
- My initial reaction was the classic kiwi “Yeah, Nah”
- Yeah - I’d love to raise much needed money for Nelson / Tasman Hospice
- Nah - My dancing skills are non existent.
- As the MC for the Mike Pero Nelson Giants, I’m normally OK with being in the middle of a packed out Trafalgar Centre. However, without a microphone in hand (and doing something I generally only do in the lounge at home), this is way outside my comfort zone but it’s a chance to give back to an organisation that gives so much to others
- Apart from a few break dancing moves back in the 80’s and some poor past attempts at tiktok with my now 14 year old daughter, I’m thinking the teachers are going to have their work cut out for them. (I may still be able to do caterpillar?)
- I’m really looking forward to becoming part of the DFAC family and raising as much as we can for Hospice.