- Hi my name is Cheryl and I’m privileged to be part of the Dancing for a Cause journey.
- My day job is teaching at Nelson College for Girls as Head of English, and my other full time job is being Mum to 3 teenagers and wife to Justin.
- I was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2020 and the last two years have been challenging ones for our family. It’s good to say that I’ve come out the other side and be able to give back to the community in some small way.
- I’m both excited and terrified in equal parts about getting out there on the dance floor. I hope that I can measure up to the amazing performances and fundraising efforts of the previous years.
- Admittedly, I’m probably most nervous about tripping up on the night!
- But what an amazing opportunity and such an important cause.
- So I’ll follow the advice I give to my own children and the students I teach; just do your best and feel proud of your efforts! I’d say I’ll put my best foot forward but that might be unlucky - especially if I trip over it!
Raised: $86,262.87 $5,000.00Campaign has ended